Wednesday 28 August 2019

Activation of YO/EC-480 & YO/EC-312

YO/ON4KCY/P

YO/EC-480 & YO/EC-312

SOTA ACTIVATION IN BUCEGI MOUNTAINS, Romania
August 2019


During my last free day during my QRL in YO, I choose 2 easier SOTA around the village of Secãria. Both rated 6 points.

Easy reachable, this small mountain village will be the start of the 2 last activations of my trip in YO.

YO/EC-480 Similia could be reached from the village in about 1.5 hour. Just follow the rocky road and when you see the summit at the end of the wooden area, go strait to the summit in the field. 






Perhaps would it be acceptable to drive some hundreds meters with the car but I didn’t take this risk.

















It was a lot of warmer than during my previous SOTA.
Also there a lot of space to deploy correctly my dipole.


View of the village from YO/EC-480



From this SOTA, we have direct view on my next one (EC-312) but have to go down up to the river and ascent again.


Going back the same way to the village is obvious.




From the village of Secãria to  SOTA YO/EC-312, Secãria Hill, cross the river at the bridge and follow the road. 


You perhaps also want to park your car close to the activation. In this case,  just drive the road up to a radio relay on your left side. There is a lot of parking space.








From there, I had no indication of my map and I just follow the rocky path up to the summit of the hill.

























Also the a lot of space to easy deploy the antenna and activate this SOTA in easy conditions.









From this summit, we have a very nice view on the surrounding included to YO/EC-480.


All together, a enjoyable hike of 12km with a dual great SOTA experience.
Thanks for QSO chasers.



No comments:

Post a Comment